Financial Aid Application Process
Thank you for your interest in the Porter-Gaud School financial aid program. Below are step-by-step instructions to ensure a successful submission process. Please call, email or stop by to see Margie Stanbrook, Director of Financial Aid, if you have any questions or need assistance in completing and submitting your application.
email@example.com | 843-402-4681
Step 1: Prepare to ApplyWe accept financial aid applications for the 2017 – 2018 academic year
beginning October 24, 2016.
1) Download your 2017-18 Parent Financial Statement (PFS) Instructions and Workbook
2) Gather your financial documents (the complete list is found on Page 2 in the Workbook)
Step 2: Complete and Submit Parent Financial Statement (PFS) and other Documentation
Note: Once you collect your financial documents, please plan on this process taking a couple of hours.
1) Visit http://sssbynais.org to create your Parents Financial Statement (PFS). Porter-Gaud's SSS code is 5848.
2) Create your PFS Online account with your email address and a password. If you applied for financial aid last year, simply login to the PFS Online as a Returning Family, using the email address and password you set up last year.
3) Begin a PFS for Academic Year 2017-18. You can log out of the PFS Online at any time, then return later to complete it.
4) Pay for and submit your PFS to School and Student Services (SSS). Porter-Gaud's SSS code is 5848. Your secure payment will be $48.
5) Deliver (by US mail, secure email or drop off in person in envelope marked confidential) all other financial documents to: Margie Stanbrook, Director of Financial Aid. (Please redact all federal id numbers.) These documents include:
- Your 2015 federal income tax return including all attached forms and schedules and W-2's.
- Any additional documents, if any, that the Director of Financial Aid has requested from you.
The Financial Aid Committee will begin its review of complete applications and make awards for the 2017-18 academic year in February.
IMPORTANT: A complete application consists of three parts: 1) the online PFS, and 2) your most current federal income tax return (include all tax form schedules and W-2’s.) and 3) any other requested documents.