A virtual lifetime of learning
These pages on technology at Porter-Gaud show a few of the many ways to assess the unique advantages of today’s Porter-Gaud education, and the future offers many more. Educational technology is revolutionizing everything from teaching methods to everyday communication and the future is even more exciting.
Even our youngest students use online resources from their first day. Campus-wide wireless access keeps everyone up to date on assignments, reading lists, schedules, events and important notices. News and video about individual and team accomplishments is instantly available on every desktop. Students studying abroad keep track of classes and classmates via everything from email to video conferencing. Faculty members are refining their online offerings to include digital reviews of daily lessons, web references for deeper exploration of topics, messaging to handle questions, new electronic presentation tools, online assignment submissions, and portals for parents to help manage student progress. Rather than creating a school where students are isolated by technology, our acquisition strategy is designed to enhance the opportunities for personal contact between faculty, students, and parents—a system that’s become a Porter-Gaud trademark. In every way, our expanding technical capabilities are preparing our students for a well-connected future.
Goals of Technology at Porter-Gaud School:
- To help Create an environment that leverages technology as an effective tool for individual and collaborative learning.
- To deepen student engagement.
- To assist in preparing our students for the 21st century and beyond.
- To encourage the development of critical thinking, problem-solving skills and how to use these skills with technology to help solve real world problems and grasp dynamic complicated content
Please click on the links below to find out more about our 1:1 programs in each division.
Here are some of the cutting-edge resources currently used at Porter-Gaud
- All Faculty, Staff, and Students in grades 5-12 utilize Google Apps for Education - Click here to learn more http://www.google.com/enterprise/apps/education/
- We use Microsoft Office, Apple Suite as well as Google Docs for productivity, assignments and projects.
- We have Blackbaud for our student database, gradebook and fundraising software
- Final-Site designed our website and hosts our learning management system (LMS).
- We use Papercut for printing management - http://www.papercut.com/
- We have implemented digital textbooks across all divisions. Click here to find more info on books your child is using. 2014-2015 Digital Texbooks.
- Our teachers utilize both Mac and PC platforms.
- Our network runs on Windows servers .
- We use group policy to manage our PC machines.
- Jamf Casper Suite is used to manage our iPads and Mac desktops/laptops. http://www.jamfsoftware.com
- Wireless is available across campus through Aerohive networks. http://aerohive.com
- We have 200 mb access to the internet.
- The school's internet is filtered by Lightspeed Systems. www.lightspeedsystems.com/
- We use Cisco hardware for our infrastructure and firewall.