Our return to campus incorporates the School’s guiding principles and several operating modes, which are informed by state and national health and safety guidelines. We will keep our community updated here and please use the division landing pages for weekly schedules and reminders.
Effective immediately, we have updated our quarantine protocol based on the new optional recommendations from the CDC and SC DHEC. The fourteen (14) day quarantine after exposure to a COVID-19 case remains the most effective strategy for preventing additional transmission of SARS-CoV-2 from asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic cases. However, we recognize the burden this places on our students and families.
Below is a list of local COVID-19 PCR testing sites:
PCR testing is considered the “gold standard” in SARS-CoV-2 detection. This test actually detects RNA (or genetic material) that is specific to the virus and can detect the virus within days of infection, even those who have no symptoms. The test can be done in a clinic, hospital, or even in your car. Turnaround time is longer, generally in the 2-3 day range but results can be in as little as 24 hours. When demand is high, results can take a week or longer.
Antigen test (frequently referred to as a rapid test). This test detects protein fragments specific to the Coronavirus. It can be done in a clinic, doctor’s office, or hospital. Turnaround time for results is usually very quick and in some cases, results can be reported within 15 minutes.
- Guidelines for Lower, Middle , and Upper School divisions
- What constitutes “direct exposure” to COVID-19?
- What if my child tests positive?
- What health and safety measures can families do at home to mitigate the risk of transmission??
- Who will teach my child if a faculty member tests positive?
- What is the contagious period for COVID-19?
- If my student needs to quarantine based on PG’s COVID-19 protocols, how will they continue with learning?
- What will happen if a student, faculty, or staff member presents with symptoms of COVID-19 during the school day?
- What happens if a student or employee was exposed to COVID-19 outside of PG?
- What if a parent tests positive for COVID?
- If a teacher tests positive, do all of their students need to quarantine?
- Will the school close if there is a COVID-19 positive case?
- How will positive cases be communicated to the community?
- Is there a dashboard for number of positive cases at the school?
- If only one of my children needs to quarantine, can the other children not in quarantine attend school?
- If one of my children are home sick, should all children stay home from school?
- Who do I contact if a student or staff member has been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Who do I contact on weekends or breaks from school with COVID concerns?
- Do I have to quarantine if I’ve already had COVID?
- Do I have to quarantine if I have antibodies?
- What can I do to prevent my child from bringing COVID on to campus?
Click HERE to read PG's current health and safety guidelines.