Extended Day Information and Application
The primary purpose of the Porter-Gaud Extended Day Program is to assist parents by providing after-school supervision for their children in a secure, happy, and relaxed setting. Students are encouraged to complete homework, read, make new friends, respect others, strengthen communication skills and try something new.
Our goal is to offer a flexible program, modified to meet the needs of the group. The students are provided time to complete homework and have snack. They have free play outside on the playground (weather permitting). Indoor time includes playing board games, building with Legos, designing imaginative playsets, utilizing manipulatives, and/or movie viewing on rainy days.
The Extended Day program is available to Porter-Gaud Lower School students.
Hours: 2:45 to 5:45 p.m. daily when school is in session.
Regular Program Plans
- 5 days Monday – Friday - $230.00 monthly
- 3 days Monday-Friday - $180.00 monthly
There will be a $15.00 per month reduction for each additional child in the family. .
Payment for August-September as well as the completed online agreement will be due Tuesday, August 22, 2017. Payments for October through May will be due promptly on the 1st day of the month. Fees are based on an average number of days per month; therefore, each month’s bills will be the same.
If your child is picked up by: 3:45 pm - $8 charge
If your child participates in an After School Enrichment Program the maximum charge for Extended Day services will be $5.00
There is no reduction in drop-in fees for additional children in the same family. Drop-in fee charges will be billed monthly from the business office and are due upon receipt. Parents may also opt to pay at time of service. Please notify the LS office for Extended Day drop in by 1:00 pm.
You must alert the LS Office or Extended Day Director if someone other than a parent is picking up your child.
Late Pick-Up Fees
Extended Day ends at 5:45 pm. The late pick-up fee is $3.00 per minute, beginning at 5:50 pm. The fee will only be administered after the first verbal warning to parents or guardians. Parents will be billed.
- The Extended Day program will operate Monday through Friday beginning Tuesday, August 22, 2017 and continue through the last full day of school.
- There will be no Extended Day provided when school dismisses early or during school holidays.
- If an Extended Day student invites a friend to go home with him/her and the friend stays in the program that day, the friend is considered a drop-in and the $20.00 drop-in fee must be paid for that student.
- There is no reduction in fees for students who arrive late or leave early or for those enrolled in the regular program that are absent.
- The school reserves the right to refuse Extended Day service to any student who is not willing to cooperate fully with the director, staff, and other participants in the program.
First Payment and Agreement Due: Tuesday August 22nd, 2017
*Please fill out the application below to enroll in Extended Day
Any questions or concerns please e-mail the Director of Auxiliary Programs
Corey Colman - firstname.lastname@example.org