Hours of Operation: 2:45-5:45 PM - Regular School Days
We all lead busy lives. Between working, maintaining a household, getting the chores done, running errands and enjoying a little free time, it may be challenging to pick up your child by the end of the school day. Porter-Gaud offers a well-rounded Extended Day program for parents who need a little extra time in the afternoons.
The Extended Day staff seeks to provide a continuation of the school day with fun, learning, care and safety in mind. The program offers students time to complete homework, enjoy various developmentally appropriate activities and eat snacks. The children spend time outdoors every good weather day for physical activity and social time. Students enjoy board/card games, arts and crafts, organized sports games and much more. They enhance their creativity and imagination as well as communication and social skills. Students have a unique opportunity to connect with fellow classmates and become more comfortable with the school as a whole, and the Extended Day staff is proud of the development we see first hand.
The Extended Day program offers several options for attendance. Parents can enroll children monthly every day or three days a week. If your child just needs to drop-in please update Dismissal Manager and we will check them in at 3:00pm.
If you are interested in enrolling your child in Extended Day, please complete the document below. A completed application is not necessary for drop-in students.
Please call (843)402-4679, or e-mail email@example.com if you have any questions.
Porter-Gaud is now offering an After-School Club and Enrichment programs for Middle School!
Cyclone-Club: (3:15 – 5:45 PM Regular School Days)
Cyclone Club is a great opportunity for Middle School students who need supervision past 3:15 PM.
**Please remember that all 5th and 6th grade students must be supervised after school.
Cyclone Club students will be provided a safe and productive environment to complete assignments and socialize. Students may utilize one of our many fun and age-appropriate games, such as: corn-hole, ladder golf, Spikeball and of course football, basketball, lacrosse and soccer.
Starting this Fall 2019, students must be signed up with a Cyclone Club Monthly Pass, or have a parent sign up for a Cyclone Club Day Pass before 3:00 PM on that given day. They must email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to request a Day Pass. Middle School students must check in with an Auxiliary Staff Member upon arrival and will be released once confirmed that a parent/guardian has arrived for pickup. Attendance will be $6.00/hour, or you can purchase a "Cyclone Club Monthly Pass" for $125/mo.
Purchase a Cyclone Club Monthly Pass $125/mo.
Rules and Regulations of Cyclone Club:
- Must have prior registration
- May sign out upon confirmation of parent/guardian arrival
- If you're not signed up for Cyclone Club, you must attend Study Hall in the S and T Building which closes at 4:30 PM
- Must stay within Auxiliary supervised areas on campus
- Cyclone Club members must adhere to the Code of Conduct Policy
Middle School Enrichment Programs are available!
- Flag Football with Corey Colman, grades 4-6 (Fridays @ 3:40-4:45)
- Chess with Aaron Lipka, grades 5-8 (Mondays 3:30-4:45)
- Think Boxing, grades 5-8 (Wednesdays 3:30-4:45)
- Fencing, grades 5-8 (Fridays 3:30-4:45)
- MS Tennis Club, grades 5-8 (Thursdays 3:30-4:45)
Sign up here!: https://www.portergaud.edu/fall-enrichment
5th and 6th grade students are required to be supervised after 3:15 p.m.
Students may choose from these four options:
1) Go home in carpool or on bus
2) Go to a coach before practice
3) Go to free Study Hall in the library, available from 3:15-4:30 p.m., or
4) Go to Cyclone Club in cafeteria, check in with Auxiliary Team member, $6.00 per hour charge with snacks provided.
A member of our Auxiliary Staff will monitor Study Hall. Students in Study Hall must to be picked up no later than 4:30 PM by a parent/guardian.
Questions or for more details, please contact Joey Ferrelli @ firstname.lastname@example.org