The 8th annual all-school Philanthropy Week is November 6 - 10, 2017 with a series of events and programs celebrating the spirit of giving.
It is an opportunity for the entire Porter-Gaud family to come together, live our mission, and gain a greater understanding of philanthropy and giving back in our Charleston community. This unique experience involves all Porter-Gaud students, families, faculty, and staff members.
Want to see the power of Philanthropy Week in action?
Philanthropy Week Events
MONDAY: All-School Assembly and Philanthropy Week Kick-Off
TUESDAY: Tradition Tuesday - Porter-Gaud was founded on the philanthropy. During Chapel, Upper School students will learn about this 150-year-old tradition and the legacy of our founder, Reverend Dr. Anthony Toomer Porter.
WEDNESDAY: Way Back Wednesday
THURSDAY: Thankful Thursday
FRIDAY: All-School Community Service Projects - From 10:25 a.m. - 12:05 p.m., students participate in hands-on service projects partnering by grade level. We will also be honoring Veteran's Day on Friday. All students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to wear red, white and blue!
- 12th and 6th grades - Warm Blankets, Giving Hearts - The Stadium
- 11th and 5th grades - Kick it Forward for Cameroon - The Wendell Center
- 10th and 4th grades - Book Connection - Auditorium
- 9th and 3rd grades - Bouquets of Cheer - The Green
- 8th and 2nd grades - Caring for Veterans - Washington Hall
- 7th and 1st grades - MUSC Children's Hospital - Fishburne Gym