The Administrative Assistant for Admission and Enrollment provides administrative support to the three-member team in the Admission and Enrollment department. This is a full-time 12-month non-exempt position and includes benefits. Usual working hours will be 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Some seasonal overtime and weekend work is required. The position will begin in September 2018.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- -Attend weekly team meetings
- -Learn the admission database program in order to assist with inquiry and application checklists, communications, and reporting
- -Provide support with all phases of admission events, from preparation to presence at events, some of which will be outside of usual working hours
- -Oversee applicant records and transcripts
- oScan and upload documents into admission database
- oCommunicate with prospective families regarding outstanding application items
- oPrepare, collect, track, and share as appropriate: permanent files, official transcripts, immunization records, etc.
- -Support testing program
- oOrganize and manage logistics of various admission tests, to include serving as point person for vendors, organizing testing events, and communicating testing dates to prospective families
- oScore and norm certain tests
- oTeam with the school's Department Chairs on aspects of course placement testing
- -Manage admission database
- oManage the import/export of data between the admission database and the school's student database
- -Assist with onboarding of students and families new to the school
- -Perform other administrative duties as needed or determined by the Director of Admission and Enrollment and/or the Head of School
- -Assist in other administrative departments as needed, including support of division offices
Maintain the strictest confidentiality and discretion in all matters pertaining to the school, particularly student, family, and personnel information, both within the school community and within the larger community as a whole.
- Prior work experience of a similar nature
- Must demonstrate knowledge of both Microsoft and Google applications
- Experience and knowledge of database management
- Evidence of excellent communication skills, both written and interpersonal
- Evidence of superior organizational skills
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required
- Possess the ability to keep all Admission and Enrollment matters confidential
- Contribute to a welcoming and positive atmosphere in the office
- Maintain friendly and professional relationships with all constituencies including prospective students, their families, and colleagues on and off campus
- Display genuine pride in assisting with the work of the Admission and Enrollment office
- Demonstrate punctual and reliable attendance at work
The Administrative Assistant for Admission and Enrollment reports directly to the Director of Admission and Enrollment and takes direction from other Admission and Enrollment team members.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Start date: This position will begin in September 2018.
Application period: Resumes will be accepted through August 30, 2018 only.
To apply: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Porter-Gaud School is committed to increasing the racial, ethnic, and religious diversity of our faculty and staff. The School welcomes applicants who would bring additional dimensions to the School's teaching mission. In accordance with law, Porter-Gaud School is an equal opportunity employer and hires without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex/gender, age, or disability.