Reopening in the Fall
Our return to campus incorporates the School’s guiding principles and several operating modes, which are informed by state and national health and safety guidelines. We will keep our community updated here and on division landing pages.
COMMUNICATION: Our communication with you will be proactive, transparent, and timely throughout the school year.
- What if my child is feeling unwell before school?
- Does the school have medical experts involved in decisions and plan development?
- Will students and faculty be required to wear cloth face coverings?
- What data is being used to drive our decisions about operating modes?
- Can divisions be in different operating modes?
- What is the protocol for a positive COVID test of a faculty member or student?
- How can families prepare students for health / safety routines at school over the summer?
- How will virtual learning look different in the Fall?
- What is blended or hybrid learning and how does it work?
- What if my child is high risk or lives with high-risk family members?
- What are our teachers doing to prepare for the possibility of hybrid or virtual learning next year?
- What will performing arts look like in the Fall?
- What about community events like CycloneTown or the Halloween Carnival? Or Parent Night to meet teachers?
- What about Extended Day and Enrichment programs?
- New Panel
Click HERE to read PG's current health and safety guidelines.
The following faculty, staff, and administrators make up the PG Reopen Task Force. We will be adding students, parents, and Board of Trustee members in the coming weeks. Please email your questions to PGReopen2020@portergaud.edu or you may email a task force member directly.