Thank you for your interest in Porter-Gaud School. We have been inspiring students with a well-rounded, challenging, and innovative independent school education since 1867.
Today, Porter-Gaud holds true to its mission of fostering a challenging academic environment that honors teaching and learning, respects differences, expects honesty, and applauds achievement. All great journeys start with a first step, and we encourage you to find out for yourself what Porter-Gaud is all about.
On behalf of our team, I look forward to the opportunity to personally show you our campus, to speak with you about your hopes and dreams for your child(ren), and to answer your questions about our exceptional programs, talented faculty, and the vision for the future of our School.
Ken Hyde, Director of Admission and Enrollment
Thank you for your interest in Porter-Gaud! With the application deadline quickly approaching, we are no longer able to accept new applications after Friday, January 22 (to be included in the Annual Decision Round).
We will move into our Rolling Admission phase in mid-March, and will accept applications in grades with remaining openings. Please check back with us at that time. We hope to have the pleasure of working with you in the future!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Below are some of the questions most often asked by our prospective families. We hope this information is helpful, and we encourage you to reach out to our Admission Office for further details.
- How many students attend Porter-Gaud?
- In which grades does Porter-Gaud admit new students?
- When should my family start the application process?
- What is the best way to learn about Porter-Gaud?
- What are the hours of the school day?
- Does Porter-Gaud provide lunch?
- Does Porter-Gaud have after-school care and enrichment opportunities?
- Which grades offer competitive interscholastic sports?
- What is Porter-Gaud's Immunization Policy?