Tuition and Financial Aid
2019-2020 Annual Tuition
Lower School (Grades 1-4) | $20,860
Middle School (Grades 5-8) | $25,115
Upper School (Grades 9-12) | $25,330
*Tuition includes hot lunch and textbooks
(New Student Facility Fee, Late Enrollment Fee, Any additional fee details)
The School’s payment schedule allows various payment options. The tuition payment may be paid in full by August 1 or divided into two payments of 60 percent by August 1 and 40 percent by December 1. The School also offers an interest-free, 10-month payment plan, which requires payment from May to February.
Please note: Payment plan election occurs at the time of enrollment. Once an option is elected, it may not be changed to another payment plan during the administrative year.
VAlue and affordability
Porter-Gaud has a strong commitment to financial aid, which is based on our belief that socio-economic diversity enriches the educational experience of all students and prepares them to succeed in the wider world.
Porter-Gaud subscribes to the principles and services of School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS), a service of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS). SSS provides reports which serve as a point of reference for the Porter-Gaud Financial Aid Committee, which makes all financial aid decisions. Financial information remains confidential and it is not made available to anyone other than SSS and members of the Financial Aid Committee.
Please click on the button below to access our financial aid resources and the SSS online application. For more information about financial aid, please contact Margie Stanbrook, our Director of Financial Aid, located in the Porter-Gaud Business Office at 843.402.4681 or email@example.com.
Financial Aid Application Process
Below are step-by-step instructions to ensure a successful submission process. Please call, email or stop by to see Margie Stanbrook, Director of Financial Aid, if you have any questions or need assistance in completing and submitting your application.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 843-402-4681
Step 1: Prepare to Apply
We accept financial aid applications for the 2019 – 2020 academic year beginning October 1, 2019.
2) Gather your financial documents (the complete list is found on Page 2 in the Workbook)
Step 2: Complete and Submit Parent Financial Statement (PFS) and other Documentation
Note: Once you collect your financial documents, please plan on this process taking a couple of hours.
2) Create your PFS Online account with your email address and a password. If you applied for financial aid last year, simply login to the PFS Online as a Returning Family, using the email address and password you set up last year.
3) Begin a PFS for Academic Year 2019-20. You can log out of the PFS Online at any time, then return later to complete it.
4) Pay for and submit your PFS to School and Student Services (SSS). Porter-Gaud's SSS code is 5848. Your secure payment will be $48.
Note: SSS by NAIS automatically evaluates eligibility for families to receive an application fee waiver.
5) Deliver (by US mail, secure email or drop off in person in envelope marked confidential) all other financial documents to: Margie Stanbrook, Director of Financial Aid. (Please redact all federal id numbers.) These documents include:
- Your 2018 federal income tax return including all attached forms and schedules and W-2's.
- Any additional documents, if any, that the Director of Financial Aid has requested from you.
The Financial Aid Committee will begin its review of complete applications and make awards for the 2019-20 academic year in February.
IMPORTANT: A complete application consists of three parts: 1) the online PFS, and 2) your most current federal income tax return (include all tax form schedules and W-2’s.) and 3) any other requested documents.