PORTER-GAUD ALUMNI NEWSLETTER
September 2021 (Coming Soon!)
Alumni Events Update
10/21: Alumni Office Visit to University of South Carolina
11/2: Alumni Parent Party*
12/1: Alumni Holiday Party*
12/7: PGAA Annual Golf Classic*
TBA: Alumni Office Visit to Clemson
TBA: Black Alumni Network Happy Hour
TBA: Alumni Office Local Alumni Happy Hour
2/8: Randy Clark Classic Basketball Game
4/29-5/1: Alumni Reunion Weekend
4/30: Alumni Soccer Game*
4/30: PG Ride and Run*
TBA: Alumni Tennis Round Robin*
TBA: Young Alumni Event*
TBA: Career Day(s)
TBA: Senior Class Panel with the Experts
TBA: Senior Ceremony
* denotes PGAA sponsored events
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION (DEI) AT PG: October Update
Below are a few updates:
- As part of PG's Strategic Plan to increase diversity and build a more inclusive campus environment, we have hired Chris Boyle and Lawrence Alexander of Carney Sandoe & Associates. The entire faculty received the first of three training sessions today.
The DEI Sub-Committee of the Board of Trustees recently held a discussion on ”Managing Diversity” to discuss how we can change our environment inside, when the environment outside our doors is changing.
We had four groups - separated into teams. Each team was led by members of the Board of Trustees, which included division leaders, faculty, administrators, parents, alumni, and more. Our primary goal was to discuss how we can implement a policy of Diversity and Inclusion that would cover every division and corner of Porter-Gaud. Also, the groups had discussions around other areas of diversity such as our current curriculum, financial aid, and helping our black and brown families.
Job Change? New family member? WE WANT YOUR NOTES!
Calling all alumni news notes! The fall Alumni Magazine is in full swing, and we would love to feature you in the alumni news notes section. Click here to update your classmates on your new job, new family member, new relocation, recent successes, or anything fun you want to share! As always, feel free to include an image.
We are delighted to invite you to join PGConnect - the new official networking platform for Porter-Gaud. PGConnect brings our community together by providing you with access to the following:
● A running feed of alumni updates, interesting content, photos, and conversations.
● A full, opt-in directory of alumni allowing you to connect with your Porter-Gaud community around the world.
● A mentorship program, giving you the opportunity to be mentored by others or offer mentorship to fellow alumni/students.
● A job board with current opportunities, posted by alumni, students, and strategic partners.
● Group conversations that allow you to engage at a more granular level with those with the same class, interests, careers, industries, locations as you.
● Events posted by alumni, students, and Porter-Gaud, inviting you to upcoming events, encouraging pop-up engagement, coffee meetings around the world, webinars hosted by subject-matter experts within our networks, and other organic engagement opportunities created for and by you.
You can sign up in less than two minutes by registering with your Linkedin or Facebook profile HERE. Once you have created an account, feel free to download the mobile app.
Please feel free to post content on the platform and post your business to the business directory!