We are not simply a school - we are a community of families because of the dedication of our parent volunteers. Porter-Gaud values and encourages parent engagement. The relationships between parents, faculty, students, and administrators are strengthened by parent involvement in the volunteer opportunities offered by the Porter-Gaud Parent Association (PGPA).
The mission of the PGPA is to:
1. Build community among families through special events and volunteer opportunities.
2. Provide families with information and resources helpful to parenting.
3. Raise funds that support school programs.
Diversity and Inclusion Parent Alliance (DIPA)
The Diversity and Inclusion Parent Alliances's mission is to help students and families grow in their understanding of diversity and cultural sensitivity, develop awareness and empathy, and recognize and appreciate the unique nature of our school community. This parent partnership is in support of our school’s mission and in building a welcoming and inclusive community. Throughout the school year, DIPA hosts several casual drop-ins, national speakers, and community roundtable conversations.
- NEXT EVENT: We meet the first Friday of every month in the MS Conference room for positive conversation and coffee.
- CONTACT: Angela Johnson at email@example.com and Kimberly Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Parents' Association and the School have a number of community and fun-filled events that families enjoy attending throughout the year including Halloween Carnival and Holiday Market.
- NEXT EVENT: Halloween Carnival on October 25, 2019
- CONTACT: Shawna Moye at email@example.com
This team works with School administrators to select wellness speakers, panel discussions, recommended blogs, articles, and books as resources for parents.
- NEXT EVENT: Dr. Michelle Borba on November 12, 2019
- CONTACT: Barbara Ball at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dee Fortson at email@example.com
The mission of the Fathers’ Association is to bring together fathers of Porter-Gaud students, past and present, to increase fellowship among our fathers, and to raise funds for the School in conjunction with Athletics. Fathers' Association members also work the concession stands in the Stadium.
- NEXT EVENT: Home football game on September 13th at 7:30 p.m.
- CONTACT: George Walton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Porter-Gaud attracts families from across the world. This team hosts welcome picnics and get togethers on campus for the entire school community.
- NEXT EVENT: Coffee on Sept. 16th at 8:00 a.m. and we have our first picnic on Oct 6th 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- CONTACT: Rosanna Guimaraes at email@example.com
Moms in Prayer
Join the international community of moms praying for our kids and schools in more than 140 countries and all 50 U.S. states. Moms in Prayer meets every Tuesday in the Head's Boardroom.
- NEXT EVENT: Tuesday, August 27
- CONTACT: Kristin Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Porter-Gaud calendar is full of events to connect with other members of the community. In addition to the many arts and athletic events throughout the year, there are also occasions to bring together our entire Cyclone community. Listed below are some of these community-building events:
PARENT NIGHTS - August and September
Parent Nights provide important start-of-school information and give parents an opportunity to hear from school
administrators, ask questions, and meet teachers. The Parent Association provides refreshments throughout the evening.
- Lower School: Wednesday, August 28 at 6:30 p.m.
- Middle School: Wednesday, September 4 at 6:30 p.m.
- Upper School: Wednesday, September 11 at 6:30 p.m.
PARENT SOCIALS AND GATHERINGS - All-year long
Casual, grade-level parent gatherings are held throughout the year and are hosted at parents’ homes, restaurants, or on campus. Details will be sent out through grade-level evites and emails closer to these events.
FOUNDERS DAY - Week of October 21
An annual concert that features the musical talent of our choirs and instrumental ensembles across all three divisions. The concert’s origins can be traced back to 1978.
HALLOWEEN CARNIVAL - October 25
Our annual school-wide carnival held in the middle of campus on the Green. The carnival includes games, activities, food, a cake walk, and the parade matching up our seniors and our first graders. One of the best events of the year!
HOLIDAY MARKET - December 4-5
The Porter-Gaud Parent Association hosts a holiday bizarre, filled with local artisans and vendors. The entire
community is invited to shop. A portion of the proceeds supports the teacher wish list.
PORTERPALOOZA - Spring 2020
Held in the Spring, PorterPalooza is the largest social gathering of the year for Porter-Gaud parents and raises funds for the Parent Association and the School.