We are not simply a school - we are a community of families because of the dedication of our parent volunteers. Porter-Gaud values and encourages parent engagement. The relationships between parents, faculty, students, and administrators are strengthened by parent involvement in the volunteer opportunities offered by the Porter-Gaud Parent Association (PGPA).
The mission of the PGPA is to:
1. Build community among families through special events and volunteer opportunities.
2. Provide families with information and resources helpful to parenting.
3. Raise funds that support school programs.
February 18: The Connected Parent: Parenting in a Digital World. Family Action Network Zoom | 8:00 p.m. | How can parents help their children gain the most from the best aspects of the digital age? John Palfrey Jr. and co-author Urs Gasser have extensively researched teen internet use in their new book for parents. REGISTER HERE.
- March 12 at 8:30 a.m.: PG Parent Coffee: Tech Talk Follow-Up at Vintage Coffee at 219 Simmons Street in Mount Pleasant.
- April 13 at 7:00 p.m. with Stephanie Boye: Second workshop on building healthy relationships and your teen.